Amongst all of life’s greatest hardships, we need to find ways to just simply unwind and give ourselves a breather. Things sometimes just get way too overwhelming, and as a result, we are greatly affected. Stress can take a real toll on you in terms of your health, your mental well-being, and your overall mindset and outlook in life. Don’t let stress take a hold of you. Kill stress before it kills you.
Follow us in this four-part article for the best tips to kill stress and feel like the best thing since sliced bread.
- Exercise. Working out gives you pleasure hormones and feel generally a lot better and a lot lighter after. It also decreases cortisol levels, which is the substance that makes you stressed. Plus, with time, you’ll look better – and I will definitely give you confidence boost.
- Try just smiling. Even faking a smile – your facial expressions specifically – will send signals to your brain releasing endorphins and similar feel-good hormones.
- Correct your posture. If you’re slouching, you’re not going to feel all that good. Straighten your spine and move your shoulder blades back. You’ll feel lighter and more positive.
- Find better lighting. Perhaps your workspace is very dark and gloomy. Try to get natural sunlight, but if not possible, just get a bright table lamp.
- Ask for a hug. Sometimes, you just need one.
- Have a bubble bath. Don’t forget the incense sticks!
- Stop obsessing over things you can’t control.
- Ask yourself, “Will it matter in five years?” If not, don’t fret it! You often have many things you worry about that don’t even matter.
- Let go of the past. Sometimes, you made the wrong decision. Get over it – it’s done. Focus on the future.
- Laugh out loud, even if you have nothing to laugh about. Just laughing out loud, like faking a smile, will send signals to your brain, tricking it to make can you feel better by releasing pleasure hormones.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. Instead, try to be the very best that you can.
- Stop watching very negative news. Just like being around negative people, watching negative news will drain you out.
- Literally take a breather. If you feel stress simply overwhelming you, close your eyes and take 10 very deep breaths.
- Clear your inbox. Stop allowing things to stack up in there. Instead, either respond to it immediately or delegate it to someone else. Then delete it.
- Try completely unplugging electronically turn off all your devices and all electronics for a few hours and just try to let go.
Go to Part 4