Among all of life’s greatest hardships, we need to find ways to just simply unwind and give ourselves a breather. Things sometimes just get way too overwhelming, and as a result, we are greatly affected. Stress can take a real toll on you in terms of your health, your mental well-being, and your overall mindset and outlook in life. Don’t let stress take a hold of you. Kill stress before it kills you.
Follow us in this four-part article for the best tips to kill stress and feel like the best thing since sliced bread.
- Restructure your work schedule. Sometimes things might just be as easy as restructuring how you work. Things around in your day, and do the last things you do first, and the first things you do last.
- Listen to music. You may already be listening to music while working, but perhaps you’re listening to the wrong type of music. Some types of music make you more relaxed, while some can make you feel more passionate, making feelings of stress even more stressful.
- Play a musical instrument. Doesn’t matter if you play well or not, just pour your heart into it. It’s just for fun.
- Look up some funny cat videos. Comedy will surely help ease out the tension.
- Tell your problems your love ones. Sometimes, things get too hard, and we need to rely on our support group – and what better support group is there than people that you love?
- Write in a journal. Try venting all of your frustrations onto paper. Sometimes, you aren’t able to vent to people. A journal will be the next best thing.
- Treat yourself for massage. Why not? It’s an amazing way to relax.
- Treat yourself for a day in the spa (for women, but even for men). See point above.
- Chew gum. Studies show that chewing gum does wonders for your brain (while you’re chewing it), decrease the stress and anxiety, and even improves brain function.
- Cut back on caffeine. Caffeine does increase stress, and if you’re drinking 8 cups of coffee a day, it might be wise to cut back.
- Soak in sunlight (even for just a few minutes). If you’re always stuck at work for eight hours a day, try leaving the compound and just soaking in the sunlight even if it’s just for a few minutes. Sunlight does wonders for your mood and puts you in a positive state of mind.
- Visualize yourself winning. This will give you a very good confident boost and also elevate your mood.
- Complement a random stranger. It’ll make you feel really good about yourself, plus you get a smile (and even a phone number?).
- Strive for excellence, not perfection. Trying to micromanage everything and get everything exactly the way you want will definitely stress you out. Don’t settle for good enough, but be mindful of when you’re perfectionism actually affects your output.
- Give some spare change to the homeless. Just like in no. 28, you feel really good about yourself, which makes you feel better and naturally de-stresses you.
Go to Part 3